220 -> 2x50V whit IR2153 and PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.
All good schematics...Some of them tested by me.
Desislavov was looking for something with IR2153, and I gave him the best scheme that I had .
Much better than the one that he posted.

Attachments

• 600W SMPS V.0.2.pdf
    245 KB · Views: 1,145
  • Sch_ SS&Tubes_SMPS_rev2.1.pdf
    371.6 KB · Views: 858
  • PIC11.png
    PIC11.png
    154.9 KB · Views: 1,414
  • audio SMPS.pdf
    203.5 KB · Views: 997
  • 2x50V 700W.pdf
    26 KB · Views: 886
Disabled Account
Joined 2010
I don't like those lines between the primary and secondary of transformer.
Look at some pictures of computer SMPS.

The Detex layout shows gross violations of safety standards. Like most things that claim to be "professional", it is pure crap. For my opinion it lacks any responsibility for DIYers using them!:eek:

All in all I would not encourage DIYers with only basic knowledge to build such kind off-line converters, because
1) there is potential danger of electric shock and fire hazard
2) more often than not DIYers encounter exploding MOSFETs, blown fuses etc. In most cases nobody can explain the reason for this, a quite frustating experience.
3) the concepts presented often are simplified PC AC-Adapters based on old designs - in detail
-hard switching PWM bridgte topology with high switching losses in the MOSFETs and bad EMI signature
-no short circuit protection
You may argue that you will never short your smps - but in the moment of power up it is shorted by the output caps -
and that is the right moment to blow up the MOSFETs

All in all there are better concepts available.
Take a look at LLC-converters - even Flyback is more reliable (but less efficient)

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2010
I should mention that with some tweaks most PWM-half-bridge converters using IR2153, UC3825, TL494 etc can be converted to real LLC-converters. The challenge is, you won't find appropriate transformers in PC-supplies, so you have to wind your specific transformer. And besides the calculations this requires cores, bobbins, tapes, litz wire ... the whole homebrew transformer production.

Status
Not open for further replies.