Anyone here build power supplies as a service?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I need a power supply for an amplifier project and my inexperience with AC power leads me to wanting to pay a professional to do this for me. Let me know if you or someone you know would be the right person to assist. Preferably based in the USA for shipping reasons. Thanks!

Maybe if you posted the specifications you need for this PSU then you might get more replies .... what voltages do you need ?? Current draw?? regulated or unregulated ?? Capacitance ?? Do you just need the PSU board or do you also need the transformer ??

:)

Thanks everyone for the replies. It is six Class-D modules, here are the specs required:

kuC87N3.png

I'd love to learn how to build this myself but I'm always willing to "outsource" if I am afraid of causing bodily harm. :)

Even if someone else is building the power supply, you still have to handle the installation, i.e. connecting the power cord to the chassis, the transformer to the PSU, etc... You'd still have to know how to deal with AC, DC and capacitors without zapping yourself. So, like KatieandDad said, learn a new skill, or buy a pre-made amp.

I need a power supply for an amplifier project and my inexperience with AC power leads me to wanting to pay a professional to do this for me. Let me know if you or someone you know would be the right person to assist. Preferably based in the USA for shipping reasons. Thanks!

how much can you pay to have a highly skilled engineer design / build / test a custom PS if local shipping is a priority? this isn't getting your lawn trimmed. LOL
I can help you understand what you need and write a spec so you could farm the job out for bids>

Last edited:
More than a few times I have wished that someone could design and print boards for available power supply components and regulators. That is to say, multi-stage regulated supplies that are actually good at doing what they should. There are some premade DIY units, but they tend to be noisy and poorly layed out. I would love to see instrumentation grade ultra low noise power supplies for low current applications.

More than a few times I have wished that someone could design and print boards for available power supply components and regulators. That is to say, multi-stage regulated supplies that are actually good at doing what they should. There are some premade DIY units, but they tend to be noisy and poorly layed out. I would love to see instrumentation grade ultra low noise power supplies for low current applications.

Agreed, seems it would be easy to check some boxes for required specs and the right components can be installed to a standard PCB for end user application.

Someone who is knowledgable in various types of power supply design, CAD and pcb design software could make a nice little income on the side. As mentioned, there are tons of DIY and completed power supplies out there, but they tend to be very "hobby grade" coming in a narrow selection of fixed voltage and current arrangments with high noise. Someone who can offer instrumentation grade performance would be paramount in this hobby. A service where a fellow can take our drawn or CAD schematics and print well-layed out printed circuit boards would be useful, too. I don't know how to use pcd cad programs, and I would guess most people don't.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.