O-Audio Bash 500 psu schematics?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I bought a 230V O Audio Bash 500 amp. Never used it,but now I had a sub project ready. Powered it up and it worked. Turned it off and back on again and the amp was dead. Checked the fuse and it was ok. Meassured 230V AC on the psu, but at the DC end there is nothing. Now I need to figure out what has happened. I contacted O Audio to get the schematics, but they never got in touch with me (they have closed shop I think).

So, does anyone have the schematics, or have any tips for trouble shooting?

Regards Eirik from Norway :)

Look what I found inside their manual:
SERVICE AND WARRANTY:

O Audio warrants the O Audio 500W BASH®
Subwoofer Amplifier from material or
workmanship defects for a period of one year after purchase. We will provide a
replacement (either new or refurbished, at our discretion) with a full one-year
warranty. Please retain proof of purchase date. This warranty does not cover
damage that results from misuse of this product.

O Audio provides attentive customer service. We want you to be happy with this
product. Please e-mail us at oaudioinfo@oaudio.com should you have any
questions or comments regarding this product.

P>S unless someone has the drawing. In the past got something similar, opened it, made the drawing by myself, understood how it worked and finally fixed the problem. Hard way to manage it.

Last edited:
Look what I found inside their manual:
SERVICE AND WARRANTY:

O Audio warrants the O Audio 500W BASH®
Subwoofer Amplifier from material or
workmanship defects for a period of one year after purchase. We will provide a
replacement (either new or refurbished, at our discretion) with a full one-year
warranty. Please retain proof of purchase date. This warranty does not cover
damage that results from misuse of this product.

O Audio provides attentive customer service. We want you to be happy with this
product. Please e-mail us at oaudioinfo@oaudio.com should you have any
questions or comments regarding this product.

P>S unless someone has the drawing. In the past got something similar, opened it, made the drawing by myself, understood how it worked and finally fixed the problem. Hard way to manage it.

Yeah, I read it. Problem is that I bought it to or three years ago thinking I would use it in a project, but it has just been standing in a corner until now.

Drawing schematic myself is a possibility, but crossing my fingers that someone has it.

Bash 500S with no output

I bought a Bash 500S about three years ago and am just now getting around to installing it. Out of the box it had no output. After examining for the obvious, fuse, loose wires, fried component I found nothing. I then set it up and ran a line signal to it to see if anything would warm up. After about 15 minutes the heat sink on one side was warm and the other was cool. The third large heat sink on the back was cool.
Then the output started to come through and gradually increased to normal volume. After about a minute the output decreased to nothing.
Anyone have any ideas what may be failing? or how I can get my hands on a schematic?

Thanks!

In 2007, I ordered an OAudio amp, for a sub I was designing.
It worked for about 2 weeks and then failed.

I wasn't motivated to start troubleshooting it.
I returned it, and got a refund.

At the time, I was very disappointed with its reliability, as it appeared to have everything I wanted. Now I see that they've gone tits-up.

I understand that the same amps, made by Indigo in Canada (now Chinese) are in the Klipsch and Creative subwoofers, so I would be very wary of those, if you're not a technician, because there is ZERO technical support on those.

So, the marketing is there, but the quality is long gone.

Anyway, I bought a Keiga (Taiwan) KGND-52100 amp (old type with a heavy X-Former, not the new-type lightweight SMPS) from Madisound, and it's now 8 years with not a missed beat.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.