Power Supply for tri-amped speaker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Andrew, can you reformulate what it is you're not understanding to ask more in depth questions? I'm struggling, for example, to find a different way of saying -1 on the x axis indicates a 1/f PSD. You're aware that in the small signal model ripple amplitude is the integral of the power consumed by the load over the mains cycle, right?.
right? no wrong.
That does not seem obvious to me.
I have read it three times and it still does not seem right.

I will look at the graph again and think a while before I re-formulate my questions.

Another part of the problem with validating objective vs subjectve measurements is that very often the subjective tests will need to be carried out in somewhat artificial conditions (necessary in order to control compounding variables), so that means they too then need validating for relevancy in the real-world.
That's been done to some extent. A couple of the better starting points I know of are the first references here here and here.

It's just conservation of energy. C = Q V = integral(dI dV dt).

............the only energy store available to power the amplifier when the bridge diodes aren't conducting is the supply caps.
I have posted this/my belief many times. The speaker load gets it's current from the supply capacitors.

You have not addressed the ripple voltage part that I referred you back to, where you said
ripple amplitude is the integral of the power consumed by the load over the mains cycle, right?
and I replied
no wrong.
I have read it three times and it still does not seem right.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.