Ground Box, what is inside?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
"The Entreq Silver Tellus is a wooden box, the size and weight of a small power amp. It contains inert minerals and a grounding plate."
AudiogoN Forums: Entreq Silver Tellus grounding/earthing system

Whether it actually FIXES anything is another question entirely. I guess if your incoming power ground is so poor that a box of dirt with a metal plate in it improves your sound, you've got serious power issues - a true power conditioner may be in order. I don't live in an apartment which may share grounds with hordes of other equipment though....looking around the web at prices makes me think of audiophile cables, at which point I start losing my hope for humanity....just my 2 cents.

Oh, and here's a discussion about possible safety issues:
http://www.psaudio.com/vanilla/discussion/5636/entreq-ground-conditioners

Last edited:
That box is filled with earth. You can use it to earth your system.
And to keep the earth from drying out - remember dry sand is an isolator - you definitely must moisture it with snake oil. Hence the price.
And by the way: Here is how not to earth your genset:

Attachments

• fun_generator_erden.jpg
    fun_generator_erden.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 1,734
Last edited:
"The Entreq Silver Tellus is a wooden box, the size and weight of a small power amp. It contains inert minerals and a grounding plate."
AudiogoN Forums: Entreq Silver Tellus grounding/earthing system

Whether it actually FIXES anything is another question entirely. I guess if your incoming power ground is so poor that a box of dirt with a metal plate in it improves your sound, you've got serious power issues - a true power conditioner may be in order. I don't live in an apartment which may share grounds with hordes of other equipment though....looking around the web at prices makes me think of audiophile cables, at which point I start losing my hope for humanity....just my 2 cents.

Oh, and here's a discussion about possible safety issues:
Entreq ground conditioners - PS Audio Discussion Forum
Read some of the comment st audiogon this thing not only contains the finest extra virgin snake oil but other world material not seen outside of Grommes lake in decades. That on a need to know only!

Read some of the comment st audiogon this thing not only contains the finest extra virgin snake oil but other world material not seen outside of Grommes lake in decades. That on a need to know only!

I know, right!? I'm still going with box of dirt. Expensive dirt. Maybe filtered THROUGH virgins. Nightsoil? Anyways...

Oh, and I wouldn't want to be by that genny!

Hi,
Anyone know what is inside those ground box like the Entreq Atlantis Ground Box and how do they work?
A bunch of crystalline materials.
I am not certain of the mechanism but the mere presence of forms like these electrically connected to the system will change system behaviours.
I venture that if such an 'earthing' box was connected (safely) to AC power Active or Neutral it would have similar effect to when connected to the system local ground.

I have AC double adaptors with a minerals/compounds formulation inside that alters the behaviour of systems plugged into such adaptors.
The kicker is that when such adaptor is plugged into a spare position on wall socket or power strip and with nothing plugged into the adaptor itself the system sound still changes, slightly differently but still a change.

The real earth connection of your dwelling is important also for reasons of placement, mineral composition of the ground around the earthing rod and the ground moisture level which effects resistance of this terrestrial earth connection.
The quality and the nature of this 'to terrestrial earth' connection will also effect/determine system sound quality, it will also effect the 'feel' of your house.

I have not auditioned the likes of Entreq earthing boxes and associated cables/accessories but I am certain that they cause system audible change.
Their prices are way over the top and so is the quantity of materials used, my solution uses a thousandth of materials at a thousandth the cost and I expect greater and subjectively better resultant.
This is not voodoo or magic, the fact is that systems need to be regarded as systems, and any change in the materials in the system will effect the sound of the system to some degree and in some way.

I use the word effect deliberately to mean a defined influence as opposed to affect which just means any kind of change.

Dan.

Last edited:
This is not voodoo or magic, the fact is that systems need to be regarded as systems, and any change in the materials in the system will effect the sound of the system to some degree and in some way.

I use the word effect deliberately to mean a defined influence as opposed to affect which just means any kind of change.

Dan.
I've seen that word usage before.

xkcd: Effect an Effect

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.