300W SMPS for amp. from PC PSU

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Interleaving is NOT for isolation.
One partition with the primary on one side and secondary on the other side is for isolation.

Bifillar winding of primary and secondary defeats isolation, in return for very good coupling.
Ok at low voltage, dangerous at mains voltage.

Interleaving is an attempt to improve coupling. The multiple partitions are to reduce the danger.

Improving the coupling reduces the parasitics.
Interleaving is to reduce the parasitics, not to improve isolation.

agreed, vertical sectioning provides isolation...;) good job acca....
Are you trying to wind me up?

interleaving is to improve the performance.
Isolation is to improve the safety.

The vertical partitioning is the mechanical barrier that enforces separation of the windings.

Interleaving is the sectioning of the windings.
Interleaving and mechanical separation are NOT the same.

There is no argument about the purpose of the barrier.
The discussion before you interfered was about interleaving and improved coupling of primary to secondary.

Interleaving is NOT for isolation.
One partition with the primary on one side and secondary on the other side is for isolation.

Bifillar winding of primary and secondary defeats isolation, in return for very good coupling.
Ok at low voltage, dangerous at mains voltage.

Interleaving is an attempt to improve coupling. The multiple partitions are to reduce the danger.

Improving the coupling reduces the parasitics.
Interleaving is to reduce the parasitics, not to improve isolation.
To clarify:
Interleaving improves the magnetic coupling between prim/sec and thus reduces the leakage inductance which for most topologies is a good thing.

It is also one way of reducing the conduction losses due to field effects (proximity effect) as it can be used to reduce the number of parallell layers of each winding on top of each other
(prim-prim // sec is worse than prim//sec//prim where both prim are series connected) without resorting to litz wire (or perhaps reduce the demand)

But it will never reduce parasitic capacitance between prim/sec , only distance will do that and sometimes it is necessary with a copper screen too.

leakage inductance and coupling capacitance for the prim/sec is therefore against each other (no surprise perhaps, one stores energy as magnetic field, the other as electric field (charge) )

Ok,check this thread,I'll post full schematic tonight...
diysmps

hi acca,
I want to make this project, but I want to ask.
please explain what that component?
What the self oscillation transformer? how to make it?
thanks, regards.

Attachments

• smps.jpg
    smps.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 438
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.