TubeCadJournal PS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2010
I would like to build this PS for a project I'm working on but I'm not sure about something. Here is the description from John Broskie's TubeCadJournal site:

"The single center-tapped secondary can power the entire preamp. The +/-22Vdc rails will feed positive and negative 15V voltage regulators, which in turn will feed the OpAmp and the tube heater string. (The positive voltage regulator can power two 6DJ8 heaters in series with 6.8-ohm 2W power resistor, which will protect the heaters from current inrushes and drop the 15V down to 12.6V. Why the positive regulator? Just about every OpAmp presents an unequal PSRR figure, with the negative power supply connection delivering a worse PSRR, so it is better to burden a positive regulator.) The +60Vdc B+ rail is created by the voltage tripler made up of the four extra rectifiers and power supply capacitors. (Yes, before you ask, the tripler circuit can be replaced by a quadrupler or pentalupler circuit, as they just require more rectifiers and capacitors.)"

I'm not sure where the tube heater string would return to, after the 6.8ohm resistor, on the circuit. Here is a picture of the PS and the regulator circuit. Would it just come back to the ground of the regulator circuit? Thanks.

Attachments

• power supply.png
    power supply.png
    13.1 KB · Views: 181
  • 15V Regulator.jpg
    15V Regulator.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 173
Disabled Account
Joined 2010
The diode size on the pcb was for 1N400x sizes, DO-41. I'll change it depending on the diode I end up with. The big electrolytics were what I already had. I've gone over the pcb against the schematic several times and I think it will work unless someone sees something wrong. Thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.