PSU noise - distance between blocks - cables length - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Power Supplies

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th May 2013, 01:21 PM   #11
Frarun is offline Frarun  Poland
diyAudio Member

I just look at the commercial interfaces to have some reference. If we get e.g. the PATA cable for hardrive connection there is 7 grounds line in the 40-wire version. There are some decoupling between R/W signals like this:
Pin 22 Ground
Pin 23 I/O write
Pin 24 Ground
Pin 25 I/O read
Pin 26 Ground

In 80-wire version the GND is interleaved between every signal. I always though it is just to decrease impact of wires between each other, but this antennas is another reason I think. Anyway with PATA we have some huge transfers, comparing to my microcontroller.

BTW. I always see a problem with I2C transmissions is hearing in the speakers. Not really annoying and only when preamp parameters are changing. But I think it is probably different topic related to loops between digital and analogue GNDs.

Hide this!Advertise here!