http://www.selectronic.fr

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
One of the small ones, 120VA only
The 300VA is Huge:D

Attachments

• IMG_2577_resize.JPG
    IMG_2577_resize.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 271
Hi,
I have ordered some R-cores from Transformateur R-CORE à fixation sur châssis 300VA - 2 x 15V - Transformateurs R-CORE pour châssis
they have many nice transformers and its fairly priced,
After a week still no response from France,
Have send them a mail on Friday with no result.
Had my French been better i could have called them.

Any one with experience with this company ? (both successful and not so successful)

Thanx

I have ordered several times from them and CS has been excellent, with reply times of 1 day max.
You must use the form from the website, though.

Hi
I've ordered two r-core transformers from Selectronic twelve days ago. They were listed as available at the time, and still they are. Anyway, they haven't been shipped yet.
Sent them an email two days ago. No answer at all.
This is not e-commerce, this is e-s**t.
I'm opening a Paypal dispute to have my money back, and buy some good trafos from toroidy.pl instead.
What a shame..

Hi
I've ordered two r-core transformers from Selectronic twelve days ago. They were listed as available at the time, and still they are. Anyway, they haven't been shipped yet.
Sent them an email two days ago. No answer at all.
This is not e-commerce, this is e-s**t.
I'm opening a Paypal dispute to have my money back, and buy some good trafos from toroidy.pl instead.
What a shame..

Try calling them, i got a call from a English speaking lady saying that the shipping company they used had of some reason returned the package to Selectronic,
Some days later the package turned up at my post office.
To bad they did not send me the tracking nr by E-mail....
If you do want R-cores you are left with few choices, my limited knowledge informs me that R-cores only made in India by: Shilchar Technologies Limited (Selectronics Vendor) and in China, Audio Catalog sells R-Cores made in China, they have also custom built.
Selectronic is the cheepest i have found though

Remember that the Polish toroids need to be manufactured

thank you Pellesmil,
I see you had the same experience with this dealer.
I don't think anything has been shipped: an email should be sent to the customer as soon as the item leaves the shop (it was written in the order confirmation mail).
If they have problems with the item provider, they shouldn't list the thing as "en stock: 26" or alike, and mainly they should inform the customer ad answer emails.
We can't accept this kind of e-commerce behaviour in 2013 in my opinion.
Anyway, tomorrow I'll file ebay for a refund if nothing happens. bye

Hello,

Be aware, there have been a lot of working days off, in France, in the first half of May.
I guess Selectronic will be open only on next thuesday.

I can try to help you, if you still have problem with your order.
Give me your order and shipping informations by PM.

Regards.
Alain.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot Alain for the info and the availability.
I'm just back from my father's house (my shipping address).
The trafos have been delivered yesterday :)
Funny thing, my order on the Selectronic website is still "En cours de traitment".
They need to improve the interface to customers.
A small delay can be acceptable, for sure I don't make a living building diyaudio. Only, a better communication would avoid this kind of rants.
Thanks again. Carlo.

So which parameter/s of an Rcore better suit HF filtering than a Toroid?
Their bandwidth is the reason why they're even used as output transformers.
and the lack of inductance at bass frequencies is why toroids are sometimes rejected for output transformers in Valve/Tube Power Amplifiers. HF transmission is not allways a good thing.

An Rcore with balanced windings will have excellentHF transmission.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.