Can't share power source with TLE2426

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am running into a problem whenever I share a 12v power supply with the TLE2426 to power somthing else. I am using the TL2426 to power an opamp preamp which works fine to split 12v into 6 volts, but when I share the 12 volt power source with a tripath amp, the TLE2426 chip won't work. Is there a way around this or do I need two power supplies?

I'm not sure if I have an answer, but am interested in any experience posted here for the TLE2426.

OK - I just looked up 'tripath amp' - holy crap - I do not have an answer without getting familiar with it's power & ground requirements

Is it in addition to, or instead of, the functioning split supply preamp?

Keep the maximum current capability of the TLE2426 in mind, as well...20 mA or so IIRC

Last edited:
I am assuming that you have a 12v dc source and from the 12v you are trying to power both the tri-path amp and the TLE2426 circuit for the preamp ?? If that is the case maybe the 12vdc can not supply enough current for the tri-path which is causing the voltage to collapse ..... you never posted the max current output of the 12v source ....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.