Laptop power supply for T1 Hifimediy amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I used this one to power my T1 amplifier, with recommendation of DC range is 24V - 39V. Someone suggested this HP C7296 60024 AC DC Power Adapter for Officejet Printers Free Shipping 339 | eBay I thought one I bought was defective since when the input source from AC outlet (desktop CD or PC) is connected, it hums that gets louder with volume up. I bought one more same adapter with same result. My 12v t-amp works without humming at all when connected to the same source. I thought maybe it is not the power supply since when connected to iphone the sound is very good without hum. Same setup in another room with the same hum and even with 2 prong outlet connection.

Hifimediy suggests it is a power supply issue but their recommended PS is $45. If u have T1 amp, can u suggests a cheaper PS that work without any problem?

gychang

I'm using the smaller one with a Lenovo 20V power supply. Lenovo adapters are super cheap on eBay and of really good quality. It's switched on non-stop for cca. 6 months now and there is absolutely no problem at all. No noise / buzz what I could hear.

I like to have higher voltage if possible, thanks for the suggestion, may have to look around ebay or local goodwill store...

gychang

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.