Power Supply Voltage problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2012
Let me inform you about what I built:

Power supply with 8 x 22000uF/63V slit foil caps.

I am wondering: Is higher voltage normal without load?

Wiring is as to be seen when you follow the link I provided. first secondary on AC1, second one on AC2.

When I power up, the DC voltage increases slowly to 65 to 68 VDC. But again, without load, only my multimeter :)

Its a Aplimo toroid type 88016.

SEC.2x25V 10.00A RED/YELLO.BLEU/GREY

So RED/YELLO on AC1 and BLUE/GREY on AC2

Helpfull? :)

Regards, Sjoerd

Joined 2008
Paid Member
25V secondaries should give you a DC in the range of 35V (roughly). Unloaded will be a couple volts more, due to transformer regulation. Your 68V sound like you're measuring both rails in series and not each one referring to ground.
Did you use a finished PCB or did you do one yourself?

Disabled Account
Joined 2012
Ok guys, I just slammed my head against the door..... I'm a nitwit :) POS GND is 36VDC and NEG GND is 36VDC... Perfect!!!

I thougt I had to connect the amp only on POS and NEG, measuring 72VDC.... And I got spooked because the voltage should be +-35VDC..... (Hiraga amp)I forgot that ground is the reference.... No problems here! Sorry to have bothered you :)

Kind regards,
Sjoerd

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.