PSU 2X19vac means

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
2x19Vac can be interpreted in segments like this:

-2x means two of the rated voltages, so in this case for example a power transformer with 2 identicall secondaryes, or as it is mostly sayd, a symmetrical power source.
-19V means the voltage rating of the supply.
-ac means the tipe of the current, in this case it is Alternate Current, witch means the current is going possitive and then negative in cycles, with respect to the 0V line, search the web for sinus wave immages and you will see what i mean.

So in conclusion, in your case you would nead a power source giving 2 symmetrical outputs rated at 19V alternate current, of shortly, Vac.

So, this means the transformer secondary would be 19 - 0 - 19 ? I opened the back cover of my mixer to check the supply but its only indicated X15. Whats this mean? I really confusing if this is 15 volts or 19 volts ac? Please help if someone could put a diagram how to to that.. My unit is Behringer MX2642A mixer. Thank you & God bless!

According to my research this mixer uses not a 19 X 2 type supply but a single 18.5Vac and a 3 Vac at 100mA as seen from off the actual product picture.

Attachments

• PSU3-EU_P0ANN_Front_L.png
    PSU3-EU_P0ANN_Front_L.png
    353.6 KB · Views: 119
I think you are misunderstanding the terminology on the label. They are not saying that there are two 19Vac out (actually18.5) but that the 2 refers to the pin number. If there were 2 18.5Vac outs and then a 3vac out the connector must have then 4 pins and it does not. I suspect that one is 18.5Vac and the other 3 Vac a tap off the transformer or maybe a separate winding for filament voltage to a florescent tube.
My question that needs to be defined is what are the pin outs. Which one is 1 and 2 and then 3. After this is known a box could be made to simulate this supply. Any hobby person or Technician should be able to build this once the connection details are known.

I have a technical support case open with Behringer to see if they can help.

Last edited:
Read OUTPUT 2 it says:
3.0Vac/100mA
There is no 2x in that output. To me that indicates there is only 0ne 3Vac output and to work it must have two wires.

The shell of the connector could be an output. That would add up to 4 output connections.
18.5Vac, 18.5Vac, 3Vac and reference tap.

Last edited:
From what I have learned from other sources, and I have some behringer small mixers. The labels on the supplies are sometimes wrong. (I mean the dual output thing) My mixers use 2x 18.5 or 19V AC and have 3 pin. Center pin and shell are ground. By the way I would think the output 2 is not 3 but 30V perhaps for phantom power. On my mixers there is a voltage doubling circuit for generating the phantom power inside the mixers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.