Power supply resistor matching

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
or grid stoppers....i use carbon comps here, G1 and g2 and i do not even bother to match them....
without a schematic it is difficult to assess the effect. For a differential pair, using unmatched resistors can reduce the PSRR of that stage. If the subsequent stages are single ended then it is unlikely that the effects of unmatched resistors will be noticed.

i think that MGH has his head into tube amps, he has been asking these types of questions for as long as i can remember....

his questions are always too general so that a myriad of responses are the outcome....

i hope he has gotten over the OPT thread wherein he kinda got depressed....when shown the Dynaco transformer data sheets....

my recomendation to MGH is to search for the postings of PRR for starters, he will pick up a lot in those posts, no snake oil guaranteed....

My responses were general and applicable to tube circuits, I know few DIY audio tube amp builders use differential pairs but they were used in instrumentation and professional audio toward the end of the tube era. Electrically there is little difference between a tube circuit and a FET circuit, especially those using depletion mode FETS.

Tube output transformers are certainly a challenge for a transformer designer.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.