Dx Supply, output adjustable, stabilized power supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Me too hermano (brother) Juan

It is looking nice, but i do think yours will look even better.

I am making tourism down here.... all sons are visiting uncle charlie.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Larissa.jpg
    Larissa.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 823
  • Olinda - Pernambuco - Brasil.jpg
    Olinda - Pernambuco - Brasil.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 782
Last edited:
Yes...look alike, despite you have some arcs, and this

is Arabian influence..people that had invaded Spain...and your country started as an spanish possession.

You see that Portuguese does not use too many arcs...things are squared...mainly squared... somethimes eliptic and always looking a castle if you watch its superior shape nearby the ceilings.

Arabians invaded also Portugal, but the influence in arts and culture was stronger into Spain.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
A picture of my home unit

Not finished, this pcboard was for test purposes, it was shorter than needed....this way i had no room for more condensers and will install them rigth side, where you see a clearance.

No boards here are official ones...all them prototype, the supply made at home and the Dx Super A was assembled using Dx Blame ST brazilian group pcboards.

Soon i gonna have the official pcboards from Zimmer and from Juan Vargas..then i will assemble the real thing.

This is my home amplifier, the one i use to have fun, to make modifications and to test ideas.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Dx Super A - my home unit.jpg
    Dx Super A - my home unit.jpg
    927.7 KB · Views: 742
Last edited:
Here you have parts to build a Dx Supply

Here you have some pictures.

We are NOT offering to the international community due to the lack of confidence we have related Brazilian Postal System...in other words..we cannot guarantee the package will arrive your place...if you want to take the risk by yourself..then go to Zimmer:

imap.eletro@gmail.com

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Parts 1 small.jpg
    Parts 1 small.jpg
    552.9 KB · Views: 237
  • Parts 2 - small.jpg
    Parts 2 - small.jpg
    330.3 KB · Views: 215
  • Dx Supply - small.jpg
    Dx Supply - small.jpg
    702.4 KB · Views: 234
Some folks started to assemble the Dx Supply

It is really Ampex supply...minor modifications i have made...it is still Ampex supply, but so traditional and standard that we can call it a darlington series pass regulator with error amplifier.

Dx Supply because i have tested along 40 or more years, because i have prepared the pcboard, because i have shared, because i have made efforts to distribute and because i help people to assemble and debug....this way it is really a Dx effort, for free, a real diy product, a rarity as people pretend they are diyers...and hate me because i am a REAL diyer.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Dx Supply FG a.jpg
    Dx Supply FG a.jpg
    555.5 KB · Views: 232
  • Dx Supply FGV.jpg
    Dx Supply FGV.jpg
    540.7 KB · Views: 305
I found myself reinvented the wheel again. This circuit is VERY good, I simulated one very similar to this one, I used TIP122 as output transistor because I do not need more than 5A output current. From 10Hz to 1MHz the output impedance is less that 50mOhm. Very impressive, better than any IC regulator I saw from their data sheet at 20KHz and above.

A few things different for my design, input capacitor could be larger, so input have less ripple. Not because the regultor can not handle, but the less ripple, less dropout voltage is needed. So you can use more voltage at the output. 1V ripple for every 1A current with 10000uF capacitor at input.

one capacitor(330uF) accross zenner diode you will have better Rejection, but more response time if input voltage is lower than output voltage for some reason(loss of regulation).

capacitor connected to 2.2k resistor need not to be larger than 330uF, 0.2Hz corner against 120Hz ripple. larger is certainly better, but I would use it on input rail.

Output capacitance can be large as needed, but not need to be large due to exceptional low output impedance, I would use it on input capacitor if input capacitor is less than 20000uF. I did not see big difference output capacitance changed from 10000uF to 100uF. Unless your wire have larger resistance, you still want to use one big capacitor close to your load. Or wire a sensing wire(the wire connected to output 2.2k resistor) seperately to your load to be more efficient.

Last edited:
In this video i have tested the supply using Brazilian pcboards

Juan will make a copy...his style...modified to his own taste, to supply the international comunitty.

Tell him you want...this way he gonna be motivated to move.

The first test (portuguese language) failed in the negative rail...voltage drop was too much high...this happened because i have not soldered one side of the coil, so...3.3 ohms of series resistance created the voltage drop ou could see.... then i fix the mistake and the supply worked great.

This is one of a big series of videos "building the Dx Super A and Dx Supply"....all them in portuguese because we had a lot of guys that ordered pcboards from Zimmer and i have to offer them a follow up in order to make their life easier.

regards,

Carlos

Dx Super A - Brasil - começando a montar, parte 1 - YouTube
Dx Super A - Brasil - continuando a montar, parte 2 - YouTube
Dx Super A - Brasil - continuando a montar, parte 3 - YouTube
Dx Super A - Brasil - continuando a montar, parte 4 - YouTube
Dx Super A resistividade do amplificador, teste da fonte Dx - YouTube

If you cannot understand the language, at least you understand electronics and you can watch images (this talks too... and a lot!)

Juan is finishing his test with his international version Dx Supply pcboard

in a couple of weeks he will be ready to move on.

Also we have discovered a way to ship (in a safe way) from Brasil to outside our country.

So, you can order from Zimmer too...he is the one provide pcboards from Brasil.

Zimmer is authorized to provide..... i cannot do that.

imap.eletro@gmail.com

regards,

Carlos

Zimmer is ordering a big batch to Brasil and also to the International comunitty

We have discovered a kind of registration that make the shipment safe.

Kit including power supply pcboard and 2 amplifier pcboards (Dx Super a) will cost around 45 bucks or more ( i am not sure... ask Zimmer)

In Brazil we use to ask for discount...ahahahahah!

regards,

Carlos

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.