Dx Supply, output adjustable, stabilized power supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Juan... I like your 3D image man! looks cool...

I can’t wait to build that PSU, but as Uncle Charlie mention from his previous post that his going to upgrade or make it even better the way it is, so I’m just waiting the final version of it before I build, anyway my Stereo Super A are waiting for their partners;), cool stuff dude:D… Thanks for sharing….

Regards,

Zimmer made a first layout and was not approved and he is doing it again

T0220 may need more room...more clearance than this thin vertical bridge rectifier...we are fighting to reduce size, because this represents more clearance, more free space and room to install several pcboards inside an enclosure.

To operate 2 ohms we gonna need two Dx Supplies inside..and big heatsinks to both of them.... also two amplifier channels having huge heatsinks and power transformers.... we have worries not to make a "Transatlantic sized amplifier"

This amplifier can put out more than 300 watts RMS each channel, undistorted, at 2 ohms loads..continuous, with low distortion...so...it is really a huge power..because if you accept distorted peaks this may represent 800 watts or more of audio power.... this means much more than 1000 watts of power consumption... a lot of heat to dissipate..all this needs room...if we do not think about then you will have damaged transistors..so..this is serious thing to be analised with a lot of care.

Juan know how we analise the stuff in details.

Soon he will have a new layout...first one had some clues to fix.

I will keep you all informed, there are several orders from outside Brasil waiting for these pcboards too.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
I am making changes together Zimmer

We decide to make two boards side by side..two supply boards..in a such way you can split them in two or to use them together.

Why two supplies?

- This amplifier drains a lot of current if you push it hard into the limit (2 ohms) and no way to a single supply hold the job...to do that we have to put a lot higher voltage into the regulator input and having huge voltage drop into the series pass transistors we would have excessive heat...so, the decision was to use two supplies instead of a single one to the ones wants to push it hard.

The ones do not want to push it hard, then can split the pcboard and to use a single one, having an extra regulator to other kind of use, or other amplifiers or laboratory supply application.

Using 8 ohms we can use a single supply...even 4 ohms is possible with a single supply..but if you have two gonna be better because you gonna split the heat in several transistors in the place to use two, or to install extra transistor out of the pcboard.

Board shape gonna be different compared to the Juan's pcboard, as we decide to obbey if possible, the golden rule created by the ancient Greeks (1.6 ratio of lenght and width)..the rule of beauty.

This is what is going on.

regards,

Carlos

We are changing our minds about the dual supply

We are discussing.

I do think we may use two supplies instead of one..not sure about the twin circuit board because of manufacturer..we gonna see that.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Image supply.jpg
    Image supply.jpg
    441.6 KB · Views: 753
I have asked Zimmer some tests

My scope is damaged...his scope is fine.

Test not finished.... the first result, the good result, is with original resistors...then i have asked him to unbalance the capacitance multiplier resistor/capacitor network..then resulted bad.

You see bad condenser exploding with 49 volts.... cheap capacitors he bougth costing 2 USD each one of them.

In Portuguese..but electronics are electronics and have no language..watching you may understand because your brain is equal mine:

Teste da fonte - YouTube

Carlos

Nine yards is the length of the saree used by females here for centuries. This is called take credit without acknowledging.

Gajanan Phadte
The whole nine yards

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
This article is about the phrase. For the film, see The Whole Nine Yards (film).
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

A 1921 headline from The Spartanburg Herald-Journal in South Carolina reads "The Whole Six Yards of It." In 1956, the expression was used in a magazine for Kentucky outdoorsmen with the number of yards given as nine. This type of upward revision has been described as "phrase inflation."[1]

The whole nine yards is a phrase used to indicate “the full extent”, or “the whole thing,” as in, They took my wallet, my keys, my shoes, – the whole nine yards! Its origin is unknown and has been described as, "the most prominent etymological riddle of our time."[2]
The earliest recorded example of this phrase dates from 1956.[1][3] It is related to the expression "the whole six yards," used earlier in the rural South. Both phrases are variations on the whole ball of wax, first recorded in the 1880s.[4] They are part of a family of expressions in which an odd-sounding item, such as enchillada, shooting match, or shebang, is substituted for "ball of wax."[4] The choice of the number nine may be related the expression "to the nines" (to perfection).[nb 1]
The phrase was introduced to a national audience by Elaine Shepard in the Vietnam War novel The Doom Pussy (1967).[5] Use of the phrase became widespread in the 1980s and 1990s. Much of the interest in the phrase's etymology can be attributed to New York Times language columnist William Safire, who wrote extensively on this question.

The whole nine yards - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Regards
Juan

Hello guys!

Hey I glad Zimmer is making kits that is awesome! I hope you didn't get the shipping lost again ahahahahaha just just joking man.

hey this might be a bit silly but to be honest I didn't know that I can make double images on the Sprint Layout software so I discover this with out knowing anything, and I decide to share this files maybe some one want to etch the Dx Super A both channels in the same time so here are the files iron method and UV light sensitive "double etched". :D I just think on all the possibility that some one need this way.

Regards
Juan

Attachments

• Dx Super A double board etching inverted.pdf
    63 KB · Views: 309
  • Dx Super A double board etching.pdf
    62.9 KB · Views: 317
  • Dx Super A double board etching0001.jpg
    Dx Super A double board etching0001.jpg
    855.3 KB · Views: 570
Very good Juan..you are the main guy to the Dx International

People wants made in Brazil because they scape from Pay pall, they do not have to wait postal system (failing in Brasil these days...also USPS is failing too)... also they can have direct help, in portuguese, to assemble...from Zimmer and from me... you know...same language makes things easier...also they can have this cheaper as they have lower cost of shipment inside Brasil.

You have always the preference to supply to the International comunitty..but it is not forbiden for you to supply pcboards to Brasil..also Zimmer can ship pcboards to outside Brasil too.

Be happy!... freedom is what make us happy.

You have made a better job...your pcboard was made from the scratch.... was "tuned" with my taste and your coqui, and i am happy a lot to have you at my side dude.

regards,

Carlos

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.