Dx Supply, output adjustable, stabilized power supply - Page 19 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Power Supplies

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th October 2013, 07:19 PM   #181
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to vargasmongo3435
Mister Terry have you seen mister Carlos videos? he operate Dx Super A with AA batteries

I mean this does not mean that your are going to do it, he is just showing that Dx Super A can operate at that minimum supply voltage

Audio amp. powered by Triple A batteries - Amp. movido pilha - YouTube

I did it too with a small transformer and it even operates too meaning there is a lot options but fallow mister Carlos suggestions

Regards
Juan

Last edited by vargasmongo3435; 11th October 2013 at 07:28 PM. Reason: grammar error
Old 11th October 2013, 10:48 PM   #182
diyAudio Member

I just wondered because he said the power supply needed to be able to sustain a 10A load. I don't plan to be anywhere near that.

Thanks, Terry
Old 12th October 2013, 12:26 AM   #183
diyAudio Member

ohooo I see mister Terry the idea of the regulator is to keep a constant and steady power a reservoir when power is need it, I was checking a few minutes ago and the power consumption playing soft music is about 327mA (330mA) on the positive rail the regulator should be just right.

Regards
Juan

Last edited by vargasmongo3435; 12th October 2013 at 12:33 AM.
Old 24th October 2013, 07:00 AM   #184
diyAudio Member

Default Juan Vargas new email adress is

juanvargasdiaz1970@yahoo.com

In this year, when Juanito born, i was already in the army.

Young Juanito.

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Army.jpg (543.0 KB, 261 views)
Old 24th October 2013, 03:14 PM   #185
diyAudio Member

Then in 2005 I join the Army later 2 deployments to Iraq, I never going to forget, thanks battle buddy

Regards
Juan
Old 20th November 2013, 10:02 AM   #186
diyAudio Member

Default Dx Supply is included in the package.... Juan have amplifier pcboards

And also power supply pcboards.

This is good to clarify.

Also the Dx Supply can be used together other amplifiers, the output voltage is adjustable.

regards,

Carlos
Old 23rd November 2013, 09:02 PM   #187
diyAudio Member

Hi Guys,

I have been using my DX Supply with an SKA GB150. I am using a 40-0-40VAC transformer and dialing it down to +/-50vDC rails. It is feeding both channels which are set to 250mA per rail each. I had fairly large heatsinks installed on the supply but they never even got warm to the touch. I wanted to reduce the size to make it easier to install in the case I am building for the SKA so I remove the heatsinks and just cut some pieces of 1/4" x 2-1/2" x 6" aluminum bar and attached them to the MJL21193(PNP) MJL21194(NPN) outputs. They still barely get warm to the touch even after prolonged playing. So I am curious, what does it take for the outputs to need large heatsinking, Class A?

Thanks, Terry
X-BoSoZ, B1 Mezmerize, ESP P101, Symasym, KSA 50 X 2 Aleph-X, Leach Low TIM, Leach Superamp, Dx MKIII, DX Super A, Honey Badger, JLH 1969, Gainclone. FetZilla, Peeceebee X2, VSSA PMI, VSSA jkuetemann, SKA GB150, Slewmonster with; CFA-XH IPS, Wolverine IPS, Spooky IPS
Old 23rd November 2013, 09:57 PM   #188
diyAudio Member

Terry, try a sinewave into a dummy load at moderate to high power. If the pass transistors don't get warm/hot after 10 minutes I'd be suprised and suspect something amiss.
Old 23rd November 2013, 10:00 PM   #189
diyAudio Member

How do you play a sine wave through a power supply?
X-BoSoZ, B1 Mezmerize, ESP P101, Symasym, KSA 50 X 2 Aleph-X, Leach Low TIM, Leach Superamp, Dx MKIII, DX Super A, Honey Badger, JLH 1969, Gainclone. FetZilla, Peeceebee X2, VSSA PMI, VSSA jkuetemann, SKA GB150, Slewmonster with; CFA-XH IPS, Wolverine IPS, Spooky IPS
Old 23rd November 2013, 10:10 PM   #190
diyAudio Member

I'm suggesting you play a sinewave through the amplifier connected to the power supply to generate sufficient current draw through the pass transistors in your power supply. If you are playing music at normal levels through a medium power Class A/B amplifier, and the quiescent current in the normal range, then the average power draw is going to be low. If you want to see the pass transistors' heatsinks get hot to confirm proper operation, then play the music really really loud or drive the current into a dummy load.

Hide this!Advertise here!