Laptop SMPS Bricks in Parallel?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I did not use any diodes when i did it. The psu already has diodes in it to rectify the voltage. I may be wrong but they are redundent. The only issue i had is that i had to tie ALL the output voltages together eg. 5v 12v 3.3v -5v. It works fine, even over current protection works and the output voltage is pretty stable. I would say for you to just try it and see what happens if you have a few power supplies to spare, the worst that could happen is you fry the psu. PS be careful and use safety, im not responsible if your house burns down.

Also something helpful might be to plug them all into the same power strip and use the switch to turn them all on and off at the same time. let us know how it works out. And try to use same wire gauge/lengths to parallel them so that the resistance between them stays as similar as possible.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.