HV CRC PSU

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If the psudii is run then for you experiment as follows find the voltage and resistance of the secondary , then type of diode or bridge used , then size of first cap and second cap , try any value for the resistor and look at the output . As the resistor increases the ripple and voltage drop change in opposite directions . So what the voltage you need and what the ac voltage on the secondary ?

Joined 2009
Paid Member
If the psudii is run then for you experiment as follows find the voltage and resistance of the secondary , then type of diode or bridge used , then size of first cap and second cap , try any value for the resistor and look at the output . As the resistor increases the ripple and voltage drop change in opposite directions . So what the voltage you need and what the ac voltage on the secondary ?

I need 320-325VDC output, AC voltage on the secondary 245VAC measured loaded, secondary resistance 88 ohms loaded.

Triodethom said:
Ok the easy way but that looses the Zen of experimentation . The understanding of interaction of components. Sorry if I take the road less traveled you see more that way.
I know nothing about Zen. I do know that if I travel without a map I may see interesting things but then I don't know where they are so I can't see them again except by accident. Reading a map is not 'the easy way', just the best way. Some people never learn how to read a map - perhaps it is too 'easy' for their exalted mental capabilities?

Combining some understanding with PSUD2 is a good way to learn. Playing with PSUD2 (and other simulators) without understanding is likely to lead to misconceptions which may persist for a lifetime and even be propagated to others on audio forums!

Merlin do you know what load in ma it will be the az1 data sheet shows with a first cap of 16mf that for 245 ac in at 50ma out to be about 225 the uf4007 will give about 343 so then dropping the 20 volts is ohm law based on current draw. Also the first cap can be bigger.

I know nothing about Zen. I do know that if I travel without a map I may see interesting things but then I don't know where they are so I can't see them again except by accident. Reading a map is not 'the easy way', just the best way. Some people never learn how to read a map - perhaps it is too 'easy' for their exalted mental capabilities?

Combining some understanding with PSUD2 is a good way to learn. Playing with PSUD2 (and other simulators) without understanding is likely to lead to misconceptions which may persist for a lifetime and even be propagated to others on audio forums!
True but if you don't go down different roads on the map you never know what you missed. This was a bit off the subject merlin ask sorry for the off subject rambling.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
I simulated CRCRC, attached pic simulation.

Attachments

• CRCRC.png
    CRCRC.png
    80.8 KB · Views: 71
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.