powering up an esp project 99

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello, just a quick question..

if you had to power this up from scratch..

Subsonic / Rumble Filter for Phono preamps and Sub-Woofers

would it be a good idea to use this dc/dc converter? so i can go in from a wallwart with 12v dc in?

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/NMH1215DC/811-1519-5-ND/1927080

any other suggestions on how to powrer this thing up if as a standalone type device if that won't work?

it needs 15+/15- dc... with a ground..

i take it i hook the ground to the 0v pin?

thanks!!!!

Last edited:
ok, so i went ahead and ordered the power supply board.. i was hoping to cut a few corners to save cost, but then i thought about it and decided i would ultimately be a lot happier with the p05.. knowing that the new updated board has a muting circuit and filters for noise.

i wonder if i can use an led as the load required for the muting circuit?

well, i'm kinda new to the diy scene.. i have a beginners guide to electronics, so i know a little bit, but i'm not super savvy yet, so whipping up my own concoction is not the best idea right at this stage.

i have been practicing soldering for the last couple days to get better, soldering point to point and on rat shack printed circuit boards.. i'm getting quite good i would say. i built an adjustable soldering station using a 25 watt weller soldering iron and an adjustable light dimmer switch with a volt meter to know how much voltage is going to the soldering iron..

i'm currently in the process of lining up all the parts i need on digikey for this whole project.

i want this to be a standalone unit, so i'm going to go for a 15-0-15 transformer built into the chassis, with an iec mains connection on back of the unit. the main power switch will be cutting the mains supply to the transformer.

this is all kinda new, so it seems a bit intimidating, but i know from other hobbies and such, you just have to jump in and ask questions..

i am practicing a lot of safety when working with electricity, i know that is a must.

if anyone has any advice to offer, it would be greatly appreciated.. possibly steer me in the right direction if i appear to be going the wrong way...

thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.