7815T in a TO-220 package

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This circuit will divide an AC voltage by 2 (or any other ratio).

It is probably a good solution to the wrong problem, but here it is anyway:

Attachments

• ACdivider.png
    ACdivider.png
    90.6 KB · Views: 117
that will make a very very dirty AC, will need much filtering

Maybe so but it is an viable option, anyway until @Bradford336 gives us much more detailes than that sketchy short first message we cannot really help him.

@Bradford336 you need to be much more specific, what do you need that 15Vac for? where do you get those 30Vac from?

30vac from a center tap transformer powering a 15vac volume control board that will pull 1A
I keep hearing "just use a couple resistors" but have no idea how to size them. The transformer is powering a 15-0-15dc power supply for an amplifier circuit already. I am trying to add the volume control board to it. Sorry about the sketchy messages I just do not know what you need.

Your VC board probably requires a floating AC input, if grounds have to be interconnected.
This leaves you only one option: a separate transformer.

If it doesn't need floating supply (unlikely), you can use one side of your 15-0-15 transformer.

For that kind of power, any other option is unreasonable.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.