Bybee Music Rails Problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi I just mounted Music Rails for the power supply for the input section off my Holton NXV R 2 . There was 2 V drop over the negativ Bybbe using a Vario Transformer and the voltage newer was near the 30 V . I have mounted them with all components nessesary for 90 V. Suddenly the voltage after the negative Bybbe dropped a lot before and after the Bybbe. All is mounted correct . What can the preoblem be ? There is no short circuits.

It is broken. The drop should be very low in voltage.
The MUSIC RAIL was designed by my colleague, who is a full time design engineer. It is based on IC's and is more like a super cap multiplier, than anything else. No magic, just patents.

Thank you Mr. Curl !

A 24 V diode was broken measured 230 ohm but why ? Could have been faulty from the start but never seen that before.

I will replace it tomorrow an restart.

Has the room temperature changed? It has been said that the Bybee devices uses 'near room-temperature superconductors' (not sure whether the 'near' applies to the temperature or the conductivity) so a change in temperature could disturb them (if the reports are true).

Or it could be that something is broken in your power supply.

The warmest superconductors operate at about -140 degrees C. One wonders where Bybee lives.

Last edited:
So you think 45 db noise reduction is snakeoil ?
not bad for a resistor, but I think its pretty crap for what is essentially an expensive soda-bulb with a less than totally effective regulator inside. there are a lot of magical mystery claims made about them in the advertising material, John has basically said it all, do you think its a good idea to put a cap multi inline in a speaker cable or power line without knowing the exact circuit? or in the case of speakers, at all?

are the higher current ones the same John?

The device will probably do the goods. The intent is to clean up the power rails, which I have found always delivers a subjectively superior sound ... there are any number of ways of doing it, I use a totally passive approach at the moment; no silly components, just working out what needs to be done to attenuate the rubbish passing through the parts of normal power supplies ...

Frank

Smells like more BS to me.[/QUOTE]

There is a previous thread on these devices which from memory included a link to the patent.Whether or not the device includes anything novel sufficient to warrant a patent is one question, though the same thread does include posts verifying the devices work as advertised.

There is a previous thread on these devices which from memory included a link to the patent.Whether or not the device includes anything novel sufficient to warrant a patent is one question, though the same thread does include posts verifying the devices work as advertised.
The long thread I saw seemed to suggest they didn't do anything more than a few dollars of electronics could do.

ou mean they verify their room temp superconductor operation, or just attenuate noise as much as claimed? I have serious doubts about the former...[/QUOTE]

Cripes! Excuse the exasperation.These are not the same as Bybee bullets or whatever they are called. Just like in the thread I mentioned people seem to assume they were. These are just an AC "noise stripper" comprising active components with a function if not technology akin to a Wenzel or maybe a JLH ripple eater. Where does any of their documentation claim that they are room temperature superconductors? DF 96 was a participant in that thread and ought to know better.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.