diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Power Supplies (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/power-supplies/)
-   -   Bybee Music Rails Problem (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/power-supplies/223627-bybee-music-rails-problem.html)

Erlend Sæterdal 15th November 2012 12:09 PM

Bybee Music Rails Problem

Hi I just mounted Music Rails for the power supply for the input section off my Holton NXV R 2 . There was 2 V drop over the negativ Bybbe using a Vario Transformer and the voltage newer was near the 30 V . I have mounted them with all components nessesary for 90 V. Suddenly the voltage after the negative Bybbe dropped a lot before and after the Bybbe. All is mounted correct . What can the preoblem be ? There is no short circuits.

DF96 15th November 2012 12:48 PM

Has the room temperature changed? It has been said that the Bybee devices uses 'near room-temperature superconductors' (not sure whether the 'near' applies to the temperature or the conductivity) so a change in temperature could disturb them (if the reports are true).

Or it could be that something is broken in your power supply.

Erlend Sæterdal 15th November 2012 01:34 PM

Nothing is broken . I think the Bybee is broken.

john curl 15th November 2012 02:40 PM

It is broken. The drop should be very low in voltage.
The MUSIC RAIL was designed by my colleague, who is a full time design engineer. It is based on IC's and is more like a super cap multiplier, than anything else. No magic, just patents.

Erlend Sæterdal 15th November 2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john curl (Post 3242675)
It is broken. The drop should be very low in voltage.
The MUSIC RAIL was designed by my colleague, who is a full time design engineer. It is based on IC's and is more like a super cap multiplier, than anything else. No magic, just patents.

Thank you Mr. Curl !

A 24 V diode was broken measured 230 ohm but why ? Could have been faulty from the start but never seen that before.

I will replace it tomorrow an restart.

Robert Kesh 15th November 2012 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DF96 (Post 3242536)
Has the room temperature changed? It has been said that the Bybee devices uses 'near room-temperature superconductors' (not sure whether the 'near' applies to the temperature or the conductivity) so a change in temperature could disturb them (if the reports are true).

Or it could be that something is broken in your power supply.

The warmest superconductors operate at about -140 degrees C. One wonders where Bybee lives.

adason 15th November 2012 08:49 PM

its broken, most likely snake oil leaked out...

Erlend Sæterdal 15th November 2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adason (Post 3243043)
its broken, most likely snake oil leaked out...

So you think 45 db noise reduction is snakeoil ?

Robert Kesh 15th November 2012 09:04 PM

I do.

john curl 15th November 2012 09:27 PM

Speaking foolishly about a product that is entirely of typical solid state parts is misleading.