Bybee Music Rails Problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Erlend, you are correct, the Bybee purifier and the Bybee Music Rail are completely different devices. One is based on physics, the other based on enlightened engineering.
I have a pair of the Music Rails following my HP Lab power supplies. It drops the measured noise about 20 dB.
Having access to the schematic, I can tell you that it is just electronic engineering, inside, however, IF you for any reason, put too much voltage across the device, perhaps 60V, it will probably break, and cannot be easily repaired.

correct I did mistakenly think you were talking about their other similarly dubiously named device. a power supply smoothing device that doesnt like capacitance across the output? if its so sensitive to surrounding components, they should make the schematic or at least some of it, public. maybe then people wouldnt lump it in with the other snakeoil they sell, which has been fairly thoroughly examined and deemed to not change the world as we know it

correct I did mistakenly think you were talking about their other similarly dubiously named device. a power supply smoothing device that doesnt like capacitance across the output? if its so sensitive to surrounding components, they should make the schematic or at least some of it, public. maybe then people wouldnt lump it in with the other snakeoil they sell, which has been fairly thoroughly examined and deemed to not change the world as we know it

A very common characteristic of feedback regulators...the information about this is included in its data sheet much as it is with IC reg's.

From what I have read they don't like capacitance across their output either; or at least some capacitance values will cause problems.

I think the 2x 47 uf and 100 nf. I have after the Bybee should be ok ? Before the Bybee I have 1000 uf. 44 ohm serie 33000 uf. 12 ohm serie 10000 uf 33 uf and 100 nf.

The aplications says :less then 100 nf or more then 33 uf. Maybe the 2x47 uf. is to far away 7,5 cm.

Maybee that diode was bad from the start . I will try with another .

A very common characteristic of feedback regulators...the information about this is included in its data sheet much as it is with IC reg's.

you must be using some pretty badly described regulators, the info in the datasheet is very limited. they do not touch on dynamic behavior, which I would think pretty important if it cant deal with capacitance on its output. It has no noise or impedance vs frequency graphs etc. . the pics (fig.8) showing application do not look very conducive to low noise either, point to point with no ground plane or a return closely coupled to the output which goes through a huge film cap, looks like a dipole aerial to me.

use something like that in a dac or near a switchmode supply it could easily resemble a repeater station

Output capacitor not recommended (see app notes).
thats a pretty flat statement, any capacitance from the load to ground could be considered output capacitance

Robert F said:
DF 96 was a participant in that thread and ought to know better.
My apologies. I got the two Bybee devices confused. This one is some sort of active noise canceller, and probably does what it claims. The other one is the one with 'classified' allegedly 'near room temperature superconductors' (actually doped ceramics, which may have a similar effect as a lossy ferrite bead). It is a pity that a functional (albeit expensive) circuit comes from the same stable as quantum nonsense.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.