Help finding power transformer for 5.1 reciever system

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all, I'm trying to source a replacement power transformer for a Magnum Audio M-230 (also know as Epic Audio Epic-230). It's a 5.1 channel surround amplifier receiver system. The original smoked up (shorted coils) possibly due to bad home wiring. The transformer takes 110v mains and provides 24, 21, 12, 9, and 4 volts. I've attached pictures of the unit and the transformer, as well as a circuit diagram on the transformer label. I have been unable to determine or locate the manufacturer, so I've been trying to find something that will work.

So if anyone can recommend a good source for somewhat generic transformers or maybe where I can get an original, I'd really appreciate the info. I considered building a multi-level supply to feed the boards, but I think it might be a bit more work than necessary. The designer ran the transformer outputs into a couple of rectifiers/diodes and called it a day (instead of rectifying it and doing dc to dc stepdown). Hence the transformer is kind of particular.

Attachments

• magnum1.png
    magnum1.png
    165.3 KB · Views: 49
  • magnum2.png
    magnum2.png
    148.3 KB · Views: 44
  • magnum3.png
    magnum3.png
    205.9 KB · Views: 43
  • magnum4.png
    magnum4.png
    196.4 KB · Views: 45
4Vac, 9Vac, 24Vac, and centre tapped multi output 21,12,0,12,21Vac.
you don't have a hope of getting this off the shelf.
A custom wound to this spec will cost more than four of these receiver systems.
Try asking the importer for spares. Again little hope that they will.

I'm afraid to say, but this is a bucket job simply because it cannot economically be repaired.

Bucket job, lol

Yeah, agreed. The sub contained the amp, receiver and power supply, so I'm thinking I should pull the guts out, put a plate and connector on it, then get him a decent 5.1 receiver/amplifier - and just use the speakers as speakers. Boxes are decent. The amp section was 5 channels of all-in-one amp chips and a couple of TO-220 devices for the sub channel. No great loss. I was hoping someone had seen it before, or someother bit of good fortune.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.