Power supply for Phillips CDPro2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i have the evaluation kit from DAISY. It has a SMPS which they suggest should be replaced with a linear supply. It needs to supply 5 and 9 volts. Does it need to be regulated? Can you suggest a good design or preferably, a kit or pre built supply that would be suitable. How complex does it need to be and of what quality? Thanks

The smps that is supplied is the one DAISY designed as a production unit to go with their SACD/CD transport, supposedly a high end unit. Yet they still suggest linear supplies for the CDPro. What comes off the CD is an 80khz rf signal and the smps's mostly use around a 40khz switching frequency so I guess there could be some interaction from the servo and laser voltages. Who knows? Regards and thanks. I may go with the Danish ps. I may need your help in wiring it up though.

I have the complete kit coming from DAISY, CDMPro, smps, display and controller, remote, and all cables. I will listen to this first, then decide if I need the linear supplies. I am glad to know that there is expertise here in making all the fiddly bits work properly. Thanks again for all the input. Kindest regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.