HUM From an amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am facing problem of hum. When i turn my volume control to its lowest position then hum increases, but when i position it to the middle it decreases also when i remove ground connection from the volume control then it disappears completely and there is no hum from the woofer.I tried to increase the power supply capacitors but no change. I am using split unregulated 16-0-16 (5 Amp transformer )power supply and my amplifier is running in bridge mode using TDA2030A ic(Ckt is given in TDA2030A datasheet). Also there is no device connected to my amplifier. I am unable to understand whether this is the problem of power supply or anything else.Electrolytic capacitors are used in power supply (4700u).
Please help me.

Attachments

• Circuit Diagram.png
    Circuit Diagram.png
    71.2 KB · Views: 121
  • power supply.png
    power supply.png
    62.5 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Some of those IC amplifier chips don't have good supply rejection. For example those designed for use in cheap car audio systems such as the TDA2003. I would guess that is why you are hearing hum. I don't think there is any easy answer to your problem. You can try the other things suggested such as star wiring. If that does not work then you are looking at having to use a voltage regulator chip or some kind of supply line finessing. Hopefully it is just some kind of wiring or shielding problem.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.