Newbie PSU mod

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone,

First post so thanks in advance for your patience. I am somewhat of a beginner when it comes to DIY electronics. Done some kits, fixed/recapped some guitar pedals, etc. I wanted to try something more challenging.

I recently got for really cheap, 4 Power One HC24-2.4-A PSUs. 24vdc, 2.4amp, single output linear. I wanna do a couple projects.

First, a friend of mine has 2 Neotek modules he'd like to rack up. These need +-18v and probably .2 Amp each. I figured it should be possible to reduce the voltage of a dual output PSU from +-24 to +-18 (though I don't know how), but something tells me just trying to tie 2 single output PSUs together and reversing the polarity of one of them isn't feasible.

Secondly, I'd like to mod one of these to make an adjustable bench power supply. I assume I'll be alot more likely to find info on this on the internet (eg, Power-One Power Supply Hacker Page ) but if anyone has any tips on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.