Remote control switch for power amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The Connexelectronic SMPS800RE has an onboard IEC connector for mains input and a separate output for the switch. I could just use the RC and not a separate switch. The manual for the SMPS800RE refers to: '10A 250V AC rated switch must be used in order to connect or disconnect the mains voltage'.

I assume that I could use the 12V AUX output from the SMPS to power the RC switch and receiver board?

I having some problems getting the SMPS800RE to switch on using the remote control switch. The picture below shows my setup, with the only difference I have now, is that an additional N and L wire goes to the 800RE power switch. I can power on the remote switch and it works, but the 800RE doesn't power up.

I would really appreciate any help with the wiring. I couldn't find any information on the power switch polarity on the 800RE... does this matter?

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.