diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Power Supplies (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/power-supplies/)
-   -   DPS-600 fast regulated smps for Wire-Amp (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/power-supplies/216138-dps-600-fast-regulated-smps-wire-amp.html)

AP2 14th July 2012 08:33 AM

DPS-600 fast regulated smps for Wire-Amp

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,
Translate discussion about DPS-600, from thread . "Wire Amp" by Opc www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/196932-wire-amp-class-ab-power-amplifier-based-lme49830-lateral-mosfets-132.html
Features can be discussed, connections, and part of the wiring diagrams.

Regards

qusp 15th July 2012 11:43 AM

Hey AP2, nice one! here we can also hope to avoid the anti 'SMPS' brigade and talk about the supplies to our hearts content, without worrying about devoting too much space to it.

ok i'll start, I guess i'll be the first to have one of these in this version in the wild, so i'll update with pics asap. The package is due Tuesday and my amps are mostly soldered, just waiting on these.

can we please have
the datasheet, or the below specs, pretty much in order of importance

• the pin mapping of all connectors
• connector part numbers
• dimensions
• control commands/voltages
• mounting arrangements
• thermal impedance and capacity of the onboard heatsink
• expected dissipation at full power
• expected dissipation at idle
• the same specifications for DPS500, despite our dramas if this performs as intended and the rest of the GB goes well, I would still be looking to get 1 or 2 DPS500. the dps500 is universal voltage yes? will accept 110-130v/220-260v?

is the heatsink isolated or live? I expect isolated

thanks!

AP2 15th July 2012 07:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, well...Official datasheet need measure,then is not ready. for now i show just first data,later some others.

qusp 15th July 2012 07:31 PM

thanks!! no problem, just thought you might need a little poke about the datasheet.

the above is a great start and certainly enough to get going with, combined with our xbee wifi sensors it looks as though protection and automation pretty much covered, sweet!

hochopeper 16th July 2012 12:25 AM

Thanks Roberto, I'll be picking my DPS600 up from qusp this week some time and hopefully start working on automation connection to a controller for whole system powerup/down and monitoring some time towards the end of the week. I won't have amps for a while but am keen to start working with these so that the whole lot is ready to go together when I do get around to building the amps later in the year.

qusp 16th July 2012 10:56 AM

Roberto, I know the cables are included, but as youde guess, I have my own favorites for wire, can you tell me the part numbers for the main input and output connectors? the input is screw terms yes? cant see the inputs from the pics.

AP2 16th July 2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp (Post 3093954)
Roberto, I know the cables are included, but as youde guess, I have my own favorites for wire, can you tell me the part numbers for the main input and output connectors? the input is screw terms yes? cant see the inputs from the pics.

Hi,
we work with this family of connectors.
350766-1 Product Details - TE
this show output DC connector (incluse in package)
no problem in years.
yes, pic show input AC connectors (no screw). use 2 pin

AP2 17th July 2012 06:13 AM

Update GB:

collected by ups ,some delivered:
Lolo;Qusp;hochopeper,johnwallis,QRikard;BuildMeSom ething.

packages closed,ticket sended,start today:
Igor;Kiwi;Emphrygian;

Delayed two days:
arthur;NicMac.

A bit of patience, we are at end of GB
Regards

qusp 17th July 2012 06:22 AM

yep I expect our package any minute. good Work AP2, youve picked up the pace =).

the amp connectors are good, ive used them before, i'll have to get some extra connectors to make my own cables and may do something silly like replace with the gold plated versions for 14-10awg wires. either that or use your supplied cables for testing, then hardwire.

is the second package for me on the way? not pressuring btw, just curious; as i'll also be able to use their power pass through to power my second pair of the wire amps, which should provide a good basis for subjective comparison also

AP2 17th July 2012 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp (Post 3094989)
yep I expect our package any minute. good Work AP2, youve picked up the pace =).

the amp connectors are good, ive used them before, i'll have to get some extra connectors to make my own cables and may do something silly like replace with the gold plated versions for 14-10awg wires. either that or use your supplied cables for testing, then hardwire.

is the second package for me on the way? not pressuring btw, just curious; as i'll also be able to use their power pass through to power my second pair of the wire amps, which should provide a good basic for subjective comparison also

Hi Jeremy, ah..then your drenaline is out of range ahah!
yes , i feel a bit of peace now, (if i not see a muntain of other job's) eheh!
I hope you not mean "cable" as wired connectors. package include only all connectors.
Amp for you, start today or tomorrow. (i remember that ,becouse is new of production), have limit in band. reason is qty we supply at one company for voice professional use.
We not push this amplifier, as you see. i want you try very well in all performances, i think you have surprises eheh!