DPS-600 fast regulated smps for Wire-Amp - Page 12 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Power Supplies

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th November 2012, 02:27 PM   #111
AP2 is offline AP2  Italy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuildMeSomething View Post
Right just Q2 [1 X IRFP250], had a quick look does it need to be 200V 33A or possible to use 200V 30A?

Thanks again, I WILL get it all working & trouble free
In your case, you need that after replacing, it go as original performances.
is not possible change mosfet model, just see voltage/amperes only. mosfet have other feature, as gate capacitance..etc.
Old 6th November 2012, 08:36 PM   #112
diyAudio Member

Understood. Who's the manufacturer of this part, I ask as there is only a part code and no name. A search with digi-key shows two different Companies with the same product code IRFP250 but with different specs & both out of stock. As the others are STMicroelectronics parts I'd say this is also theirs?

If you do have one available, I'll be happy to send a paypal payment for it plus covering p&p and fees
Old 6th November 2012, 08:50 PM   #113
Banned

Quote:
Understood. Who's the manufacturer of this part, I ask as there is only a part code and no name. A search with digi-key shows two different Companies with the same product code IRFP250 but with different specs & both out of stock. As the others are STMicroelectronics parts I'd say this is also theirs?

If you do have one available, I'll be happy to send a paypal payment for it plus covering p&p and fees
I use IRFP250 IR. selected
sure that there are in stock, I can send you a couple if you also want the res-fuse, np, as I said before, I wanted to refund this expense.
remains the problem of shipping. (if you need something else, I'm available)
Old 6th November 2012, 10:33 PM   #114
diyAudio Member

International Rectifier, now I've seen the thier logo I can just make it out on the the mosfet... IvR or something close.

Lots in stock at digi-key so everything ok

Thanks for your help and patience. I'll update once I've got the parts & have the two dps-600's back up and running.
Old 7th November 2012, 12:41 PM   #115
Banned

Quote:
International Rectifier, now I've seen the thier logo I can just make it out on the the mosfet... IvR or something close.

Lots in stock at digi-key so everything ok

Thanks for your help and patience. I'll update once I've got the parts & have the two dps-600's back up and running.
Hi, please send me PM with price you have payed.
Old 12th November 2012, 09:28 PM   #116
diyAudio Member

Default So Close...

I really hate trying to find parts... I can't find the IR's IRFP250 which the data sheet says is a third generation HEXFET part... I have got an IRFP250M(PbF) which is IR's fith generation version. Shows A very slight variation within the datasheet...

Vishay do a IRFP250(PdF) which, as far as I can tell, is identical to International Rectifier's 3rd gen part used on the dps-600.

AP2, can I use the IRFP250M or better getting the Vishay part?
Old 13th November 2012, 11:41 AM   #117
diyAudio Member

Hi Roberto,

I'm up to working on a heatsink temp threshold circuit to trigger DPS600 protection circuit.

If I have open collector LM339 comparator pulled up to 3V during normal operation, when temp input (TMP36) exceeds reference, comparator output connects to ISO gnd. Hysteresis needed to prevent amp from being re-enabled after protection triggers, until temp drops sufficiently.

Is that the intended operation for this connection?

Cheers,
Chris
Old 13th November 2012, 08:36 PM   #118
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hochopeper View Post
Hi Roberto,

I'm up to working on a heatsink temp threshold circuit to trigger DPS600 protection circuit.

If I have open collector LM339 comparator pulled up to 3V during normal operation, when temp input (TMP36) exceeds reference, comparator output connects to ISO gnd. Hysteresis needed to prevent amp from being re-enabled after protection triggers, until temp drops sufficiently.

Is that the intended operation for this connection?

Cheers,
Chris
Hi Chris,
I remember that you're using a logic that affects the remote control (2 pins), then you already have an isolator actuator. Close the remote control when the temp is higher. this is better, because it puts the DPS-600 as dead.
in both cases, you must provide a latch (remains closed until the temperature is high).
-----------------------------------
Break ISO pin, can be used to stop very quickly, eg. Fast photocoupler/circuit (OC) for overcurrent in amplifier.
This breaks only the operation of the PWM.
The remote control does two things. pwm break and disable / reset startup circuit.

regards
Roberto

Last edited by AP2; 13th November 2012 at 08:51 PM.
Old 13th November 2012, 09:09 PM   #119
Banned

Quote:
I really hate trying to find parts... I can't find the IR's IRFP250 which the data sheet says is a third generation HEXFET part... I have got an IRFP250M(PbF) which is IR's fith generation version. Shows A very slight variation within the datasheet...

Vishay do a IRFP250(PdF) which, as far as I can tell, is identical to International Rectifier's 3rd gen part used on the dps-600.

AP2, can I use the IRFP250M or better getting the Vishay part?
I have chosed Intern. Rectifier becouse gate capacitance is very low (1150pF) vs. 1850pF Vishay.
Obvius that dps-600 running but if we measure transient response, small capacitance model, have fast response (this mean small voltage drop) under current transient.
well, tomorrow i send a pair of mosfet+ res-fuse.
Old 13th November 2012, 10:24 PM   #120
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP2 View Post
Hi Chris,
I remember that you're using a logic that affects the remote control (2 pins), then you already have an isolator actuator. Close the remote control when the temp is higher. this is better, because it puts the DPS-600 as dead.
in both cases, you must provide a latch (remains closed until the temperature is high).
-----------------------------------
Break ISO pin, can be used to stop very quickly, eg. Fast photocoupler/circuit (OC) for overcurrent in amplifier.
This breaks only the operation of the PWM.
The remote control does two things. pwm break and disable / reset startup circuit.

regards
Roberto
Thanks for the insight Roberto, I wasn't sure how different the shutdown method/sequence from remote vs isolated fast break would be. Your suggestion of just using the remote is really easy to implement with an AND gate between current logic and the isolated relay.

Getting close to having a schematic finished up in the next day or so, attached a block diagram of what I am hoping to end up with ...

Regards,
Chris
Attached Files
File Type: pdf amp controller v0.3.pdf (13.5 KB, 51 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!