Beginner Help.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For my first DIY audio project, I've constructed a fairly basic spring reverb unit. To drive the speaker (send) and the mic (return) I've bought two Velleman Universal Mono Preamplifier Kits (K1803) - PDF Specs/instructions. Constructing these kits shouldn't be a problem - the issue here is finding a fairly permanent solution to power the two Preamps once constructed that'll then be housed with the reverb in a case I've made.

As a complete newbie to electronics I thought I'd ask around for different opinions as to what would be the best step.

Ideally, I'd like the reverb to be a self contained unit - just like any other commercially bought FX units. I'd rather not have to rely on using the pre amps in my desk or other outboard pres to drive the speaker and boost the mic signal.

Thanks.

power supplies

For my first DIY audio project, I've constructed a fairly basic spring reverb unit. To drive the speaker (send) and the mic (return) I've bought two Velleman Universal Mono Preamplifier Kits (K1803) - PDF Specs/instructions. Constructing these kits shouldn't be a problem - the issue here is finding a fairly permanent solution to power the two Preamps once constructed that'll then be housed with the reverb in a case I've made.

As a complete newbie to electronics I thought I'd ask around for different opinions as to what would be the best step.

Ideally, I'd like the reverb to be a self contained unit - just like any other commercially bought FX units. I'd rather not have to rely on using the pre amps in my desk or other outboard pres to drive the speaker and boost the mic signal.

Thanks.
Did you buy your kits at Maplin ? They will be able to help you with the psu I will build a 500 mA unit all you need is a 12volt secondary transformer about 10 watts or so a fullwave rectifier 1000uf 25volt electrolytic capacitor and a small piece of perforated board they will be more tghan willing to help you with this :hypno2::D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.