diyAudio (
-   Power Supplies (
-   -   What SMPS topology is this? (

db! 4th July 2012 05:05 PM

What SMPS topology is this?
12AX7 Tube (valve) Preamplifier Kit

I'm looking to build a similar SMPS for another project but I'm having some trouble identifying what identifying what topology it uses. It's not quite a flyback converter nor is it a forward converter either.

Any help would be appreciated!

Elvee 4th July 2012 05:12 PM

It is an ordinary flyback converter, based on an auto-transformer inductor.

megajocke 5th July 2012 04:23 PM

I've seen it referred to as the "Tapped-Inductor Boost Converter". It allows a higher output/input voltage ratio than the traditional boost converter. You could also view it as a flyback converter with its output stacked on top of the input voltage that uses an autotransformer.

See for example

db! 6th July 2012 02:43 AM

Thanks for the help guys!

All times are GMT. The time now is 06:41 PM.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2017 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2