diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Power Supplies (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/power-supplies/)
-   -   Selectronic Rcore Transformers (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/power-supplies/215375-selectronic-rcore-transformers.html)

RCruz 29th June 2012 04:30 PM

Selectronic Rcore Transformers
 
I am now building a PSU with R-Cores from Selectronic... these are quite good sounding devices.

Does anyone have any experience with them ?

These come with primary wires coloured in White and Black.... which colour should I use to connect to live and neutral ?

kevinkr 30th June 2012 12:00 AM

:cop: Post moved to more appropriate venue. :(

qusp 30th June 2012 04:32 AM

I would expect white for hot, are they not marked at all with this info?

kevinkr 30th June 2012 01:54 PM

This is the U.S./North America electrical color code:

White - Neutral
Black - Hot

Check U.S. NEC to confirm. (If you are not convinced)

Note for 240V operation with dual primaries in series connect white of one to black of other.

Salas 30th June 2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp (Post 3076926)
I would expect white for hot, are they not marked at all with this info?

One that I have in hand is marked as: 230V White/Black 15V Violet/Gray 15V Blue/Red. I have it configured as single 30V secondary with Gray & Blue tied together. They usually give 10% more secondary voltage than printed spec when not very heavily loaded on most European wall sockets. Primary side I use White for hot, Black for neutral, and Yellow for mains earth. Yellow is marked as ''Ecran electro-statique'' i.e. Ground electrostatic screen. They are custom made for the French vendor by SHILCHAR India as trained and jigged by the Japanese originally. You can see the SHILCHAR factory logo molded on the plastic bobbin former rings under a light varnish coating layer.

merlin el mago 30th June 2012 02:41 PM

Good to know white is hot & black is neutral, thanks for the info Salas.

qusp 30th June 2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinkr (Post 3077234)
This is the U.S./North America electrical color code:

White - Neutral
Black - Hot

Check U.S. NEC to confirm. (If you are not convinced)

Note for 240V operation with dual primaries in series connect white of one to black of other.

i'm aware of the codes, but no, i'm not convinced the EU transformers will follow the US codes, as confirmed by Salas

qusp 30th June 2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salas (Post 3077247)
One that I have in hand is marked as: 230V White/Black 15V Violet/Gray 15V Blue/Red. I have it configured as single 30V secondary with Gray & Blue tied together. They usually give 10% more secondary voltage than printed spec when not very heavily loaded on most European wall sockets. Primary side I use White for hot, Black for neutral, and Yellow for mains earth. Yellow is marked as ''Ecran electro-statique'' i.e. Ground electrostatic screen. They are custom made for the French vendor by SHILCHAR India as trained and jigged by the Japanese originally. You can see the SHILCHAR factory logo molded on the plastic bobbin former rings under a light varnish coating layer.

thanks for the confirmation Salas, i'm buying some of the tiny PCB mount ones from Selectronic for my dac at the moment, but havent got any in hand yet

merlin el mago 30th June 2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinkr (Post 3077544)
BACKWARDS! :D

YES!!!!!!!!!!!:bullseye:

kevinkr 30th June 2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp (Post 3077347)
i'm aware of the codes, but no, i'm not convinced the EU transformers will follow the US codes, as confirmed by Salas

Then they don't follow anyone's codes then, EU requires EU color codes which are Blue, Brown, and green/yellow stripe.

Black and White conductor color do have specific meanings for North American markets.

What sort of approval do these parts carry? None? :D


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:08 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2