Single vs Parallel Capacitor - Page 5 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Power Supplies

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th April 2013, 11:09 PM   #41
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewT View Post
I don't understand what you are referring to.
Could you explain what I have said about DF that warrants that statement.
Andrew, you have not said anything regarding to what i said with Df involved, instead you insulted me in your post #26 and agreed to gootees post #25 that was largely about my post #21, ESR (involving dissipation factor)

To bad that you did not try to communicate with me in a fruitful way, i am sure it would have been possible with a little bit of good will from your side.

Last edited by gorgon53; 8th April 2013 at 11:35 PM.
Old 13th April 2013, 03:16 AM   #42
gootee is offline gootee  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgon53 View Post
Nice that we at least can talk now and can exchange ideas, because I was really disappointed and felt to be intentional attacked and misunderstood.
I felt a bit sad since I remember we had a nice exchange of thougths some time back when. May be you remember I mentined I developed a new type of powersupply wich can, under certain load conditions, offer advantages over currently known types.
<snipped>
Gorgon53,

I was "at a loss" to answer this, for a while, and was also too busy to be able to really think enough about what to say, which I wanted to do very well, because I respect you very much. I still haven't thought of the best words. So I'll simply say: I am very sorry.

I assure you that you were not intentionally misunderstood. I do deeply regret not realizing who you were, so that I would have at least tried more to understand the differences between our thinking and what was communicated, instead of assuming the worst and acting like a know-it-all jerk. Again, I am sorry.

-----

So... WHY you don't like the close copper planes with a large array of caps as a power rail? I was not really thinking about how it compared with one or a few caps. I just want to get the most-accurate-possible current-delivery capability to feed the active power output devices, from 20 Hz up to at least a few hundred kHz, or maybe say 1 MHz just for more fun, but also with the capability of sending significant power to the load.

Or, actually, the better question would probably be: What do you think IS the best way to supply the current to the output devices?

Regards,

Tom
Old 13th April 2013, 10:19 AM   #43
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

lowest inductance.
Old 14th April 2013, 12:52 AM   #44
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gootee View Post
Gorgon53,

I was "at a loss" to answer this, for a while, and was also too busy to be able to really think enough about what to say, which I wanted to do very well, because I respect you very much. I still haven't thought of the best words. So I'll simply say: I am very sorry.

I assure you that you were not intentionally misunderstood. I do deeply regret not realizing who you were, so that I would have at least tried more to understand the differences between our thinking and what was communicated, instead of assuming the worst and acting like a know-it-all jerk. Again, I am sorry.

-----

So... WHY you don't like the close copper planes with a large array of caps as a power rail? I was not really thinking about how it compared with one or a few caps. I just want to get the most-accurate-possible current-delivery capability to feed the active power output devices, from 20 Hz up to at least a few hundred kHz, or maybe say 1 MHz just for more fun, but also with the capability of sending significant power to the load.

Or, actually, the better question would probably be: What do you think IS the best way to supply the current to the output devices?

Regards,

Tom
Hi Tom,

You know, in way I am glad now that this unfortune situation back then happend. Without it I would not have been fortune enough to get to know the man you really are, a man of character. Please, do not feel sorry or bad anymore about what has been. I just checked in to let you know that that I am really happy to have met now the real gentleman you are. As for the technical part of your post, I am looking forward to exchange some thougths with you in the near future but at the moment I am just a bit to tired.

Regards,

Pete

Last edited by gorgon53; 14th April 2013 at 12:59 AM.

Hide this!Advertise here!