Circuit for mic phantom power - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Power Supplies

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th June 2012, 11:06 PM   #1
tvrgeek is offline tvrgeek  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Circuit for mic phantom power

I sort of shot myself in the foot and picked up a USB powered mic/ A2D ( M-audio, and I forgot to notice it does not have phantom power.

I have not tracked down any simple 5V DC to 48V phantom power circuits. I was thinking some simple oscillator and voltage doublers so I could power it from the USB power. I say a really fancy one with crystal based oscillator, but that seems rather excessive. Anyone worked out one? Otherwise, I'll just use an AC wall wart for the input, but not quite as portable as I wanted.
Old 10th June 2012, 10:09 AM   #2
tvrgeek is offline tvrgeek  United States
diyAudio Member

Are two or three 9V batteries just as good? The Bheringer spec says 15V and I run my DIY Panasonic off 9.

Hide this!Advertise here!