+/-15V supply for op-amps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I need a +/-15V supply to power some op-amps in an active filter network (4 op-amps per channel, specified as 3x LF353N and 1x NE5532N). I don't think I need anything more complex than a standard LM317/337 circuit with a decent amount of reserve in the transformer and smoothing caps. But should I use just one circuit for both left and right channels? Or should I go for one per channel, sharing the transformer output? Anything else to consider?

The opamps will only draw ~ 51mA current, you don't really need to put consideration into reserve for the transformer and smoothing caps as it is a regulated circuit. 220uF cap before the regulator and 10uF tantalum or ceramic at each opamp should be sufficient. You could add 0.1uF decoupling at the opamps too but they're not nearly as picky as the high speed THS4032CD.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.