2SK1020 inverter switching

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi,
2SK1020 is rated at 300W, with switced current of 92A and 30 A continours, i am planning to build power supply for my truck with battery at 24V.

the indented power of amplifier is 4000W (assuming driving 4 subwoofers) , how many 2SK1020 should i be needing for switiching at 24V primary.,

i assumed with losses 200A should be the target , would 4 on each primary side of step up transformer should be enough? someone suggested me 2SC5200 BJT 150W , 30A Ic as a better option? any suggestions please ?

any idea of heat disspiation and heat sinking requirement ?

i have seen 70N10 and 80N10, very good power and current ratings for small VCE. any suggestions for using them in parallel, i have hand on LOT stock of FUJI 500A, darlington power modules, its rated 2000W with 500 A collector current. may be using 2 of them in parallel will abundant switching power. BTW its available at $15 a piece from a local vendor who breaks down old large UPS/inverters to salvage parts /

its FUJI 1DI500A-030, any suggestions ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.