Building my own 24V Battery Pack. Chargers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm building a 24V battery pack from 16x Sanyo Eneloop Batteries in a 8x8 pack. It will fit in a modular battery pack that my speaker dock will attach to when I want to make it portable. What power is needed to charge them? What will I have to look for as far as numbers go?

You will need 20 cells to get 24 volts. You will need a charger designed for NiMH batteries. You really are better off using a group of cell holders and using a standard off the shelf charger!

I totally forgot they were only 1.2V. So, I found a 10 x AA Cell holder to get the 12V. I'll use 2x of those.. Then By off the shelf charger, do you mean something like this?

Yes if u want to charge it as 2 packs of 12 volts, othewise if u want to charge as a 24 volt single pack, buy a charger capable of charging 24 volts.

U have to set the charging current as specified on the battery and disconnect it after the period/time specified.

Gajanan Phadte

Last edited:
Hey there,

if it doesn't need to be extremely portable, and very easy to charge, I would suggest using sealed lead acid (SLA) batteries. These come in multiples of 6V and are very easy to charge via a (possibly current-limited) constant voltage.

Using them as a symmetric preamplifier supply at work (physics lab) as well as for powering astronomic telescope equipment at home.

Best regards,
Andreas

Hey there,

if it doesn't need to be extremely portable, and very easy to charge, I would suggest using sealed lead acid (SLA) batteries. These come in multiples of 6V and are very easy to charge via a (possibly current-limited) constant voltage.

Using them as a symmetric preamplifier supply at work (physics lab) as well as for powering astronomic telescope equipment at home.

Best regards,
Andreas

I would LIKE it to be ultra portable.. But also, I want this thing to be ALAP (As Loud As Possible). I'm so torn between these 2 Amps. No idea which to choose..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.