LM3886+6n11 amp build question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does this amp use the same amount of current out of the + side asthe negative side ?

As in say the amp is 60w a channel and I put a 24v power supply, with a +24, 0 and a -24 supply each with a 2.5 amp capacity, would the negative side be pulling 1 or 1/2 amp but the positive will run out of the 2.5 capacity and be left inadequate.
I mean should I put in a +24 - 0 -24 transformer with a 4 amp on the positive and 1 amp on the negative in terms of amperage capacity ?
Thanks.
Srinath.

OK I have found a 600VA trafo in my stash from a all in 1 box system.
I have a pair of 18v taps in it.
Now lets call these pins a, b and c.
a to b is 18v, b to c is 18v, c to a is 36v. So is that a center tapped - +18 - 0 -18 winding ?

The added benifit is that there is an 8V output that I am going to use as tube warmer.

Anyway I am hoping to get some intelligence on it before I burn up stuff ... thanks guys.
Cool.
Srinath.

DC or AC

Voltages of the range of 42 volts dc per rail are too high for the lm3886. Use a maximum of 36 v per rails for a 8 ohm speaker load.

Avbuilder: I wanted to make sure we're talking about the same thing here - 30v ac from a -30 0 +36 AC supply or about 42vdc was what I have sitting around - too high ?

Is -18 0 +18 V ac then good ?

How would I change the power supply if I wanted to run 4 ohm ?

Lower voltage and higher current capacity of the power supply ? Or can I not run 4 ohm at all ?

Thanks.
Srinath.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.