Suggestions for Ultrafast Diode.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You can check details here I believe Newark ships worldwide

VS-60EPU02PBF - VISHAY FORMERLY I.R. - FAST DIODE, 60A, 200V, TO-247AC | Newark

BTW note that it is just a fast diode not ultrafast but is the most close to your specs being in one piece.

Another approach would be using 200V Schottky in parallel to achieve 60A total. Actually Schottky are the fastest diodes faster than ultrafast :) and SiC Schottky (they are of a higher voltage usually) are most exotic audiophile might dream about nowadays.

IMHO quality of a linear voltage regulator or choke after rectifier is more important and any fast diode is fast enough to deal with 50-60Hz only but regular Schottky is a safe bet for DIY anyway. SiC Schottky might make sense for a tube gear power supply.

[ing]http://imgur.com/9LalS,dNRDe,P3sx5[/img]

Hi everyone . Someone reading this might like to comment . I have gone back to basics with diodes using 1N4007 as a control reference . I will be trying BYV 28 fast/soft recovery also . +/- 54 DC and 20 mA . Don't think I will use Schotkeys ( I have some ) .

My friend alerted me to this when she removed 4 x 10 nF capacitor from an amplifier I made . I protested that it would not meet regulations if so . I now agree and would rather not fit them .I was told a famous manufacturer in the 1980's was so concerned about this that they threatened to close the company if forced to comply .

The circuit is a generic and was intended for a specific transformer , however it works very well ( 470R + 3n9 ) . The hybrid circuit even better ( 10 nF , 110R + 68 nF ) . The little neon tube is for fun . However it seems to do something .

Any thoughts even negative are welcome .

Last edited:
9LalS.jpg

I only have a limited bandwidth spectrum analyzer . Has anyone done a spectrum of diodes in real conditions when switching ? I was loaned a 800 MHz device once ( a car companies test equipment ) . I took it back to the guy who lent it . He said I should have kept it . It wasn't his to give . I miss it .

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.