Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.
Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|20th April 2012, 03:09 AM||#1|
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: São Paulo
Simple Mosfet Regulator
I'm going to buy a new Sony HU and before installing it on the car, I'd like to test it.
So I came up with the following circuits on Multisim, so that I can use a 90W Notebook PSU to feed it. The choice of a Mosfet pass transistor is mainly because I have it already. I have a few questions though:
1) Is 10uF enough for C1? How can I calculate it more precisely?
2) Is 470R enough for gate stopper resistor (R3)?
3) Should gate protection zener (D2) be connected to Gate and Source (pic 1) or to R3 and source (pic 2)?
4) I have 4x4700uf Elnas. Is better to place them before, after, or some before and some after the regulator? I can also buy other values if needed.
5) Finally, what would be the differences of this type of regulator and shunt regulators (like Salas') in the final result?
Thanks in advance
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Caps before or after MOSFET V-regulator||SemperFi||Tubes / Valves||2||7th June 2010 02:39 PM|
|Duncan's amp Mosfet Regulator||josh777||Power Supplies||1||19th September 2009 08:25 PM|
|Simple opamp/mosfet shunt regulator||iko||Solid State||64||12th March 2009 07:38 PM|
|Simple regulator upgrade||eradoncic||Solid State||3||3rd October 2006 11:18 AM|
|Mosfet Regulator Question||Rory Christ||Pass Labs||0||28th March 2004 03:35 AM|
|New To Site?||Need Help?|