2nd Xfmr with Flyback Converter
I have a flyback converter with the following properties:
- input 230V off line
- output +15V (0.6A) / -12V (0.3A) / +200V (0.05A)
- actual power approx. 25W
- power capacity appr. 75W
Now I need an additional 200V (0.05A) output in the same box.
it`s got to be completely isolated from the other HV output.
The question is:
- can I connect a second flyback xfmr in parallel to the existing xfmr`s primary ?
- there should be enough headroom concerning rectifier, switching Mosfet, prim.cap., etc
- regulation of the 2nd HV output necessary ? simple shunt reg. or none at all ? since load is pretty constant and not critical.
- any unpleasant surprises to be expected ?
- can I leave unused windings on a flyback converter open / unconnected ?
provided that the main ones are loaded and regulated ?
Is that current mode or voltage mode converter?
The perfect solution would be to add just another HV secondary, which would not need any further regulation
no way to add additional winding
just looking for a quick add-on solution w/o building a new xfmr
tried it anyway - no serious things happened other than the other secondary voltages dropped somewhat and the additional voltage didn't go over 90V which is only half of what I need.
I think that could have been expected ...
|All times are GMT. The time now is 08:47 AM.|
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2017 diyAudio