Help! Battery charger +/- 41,2V with TL783 - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Power Supplies

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th August 2012, 11:01 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

Hi,
Check the voltage at pin3 of the voltage regulator This is to check if you have enough voltage to regulate it.
Old 25th August 2012, 11:16 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Hi,
Why you need the current regulator? I will remove it. At the beginning when the battery voltage it is lower than the 41.2 the current will be high but as the battery voltage increase the current will decrease, When the voltage are the same it will have a small current going to the battery. It will adjust itself.
Old 27th August 2012, 07:18 PM   #13
McLanz is offline McLanz  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tauro0221 View Post
Hi,
Why you need the current regulator? I will remove it. At the beginning when the battery voltage it is lower than the 41.2 the current will be high but as the battery voltage increase the current will decrease, When the voltage are the same it will have a small current going to the battery. It will adjust itself.
Hi Tauro,

Thanks for your suggestions again! I will check pin 3 ...proably its already my problem.

For the current reg: The batteries should get a tenth of their capacitance = 7.2Ah means charging with max 0.7A. That is my logic here. But somehow you are right my toroid can draw 3.5A max means 1.75A per rail. The Batteries won't discharge that much anyway as they a usual listening session isn't able to discharge them significantly.

Good idea to simplify the circuit

Did you ever built a negative TL783 circuit? I'm really wondering about the Rset=42KOhms

Jochen
I love high sensitive Fullrange drivers, currently listen with tube amps, NOS DAC, the good old vinyl. I'm optimizing my mains line situation...Located in South/West of Germany. **Love Arts and of course most of all my Family**
Old 27th August 2012, 07:34 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Hi,
I used it a lot for pos/neg power supplies but I used the 82 ohm for the R1 and used the equation to calculate R2. Another suggestion it is to let the battery discharge and then charge it while monitoring the current to see where the battery current stop. Then raise the voltage a little to maintain a trickle charge.

Hide this!Advertise here!