ESP P05B power supply noise?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
G'day all, I've been happliy using an ESP P05B split rail power supply for quite a while now configured for plus and minus 18 volt rails with good results, however recently I've been testing a commercially made phono stage (the TCC TC-750) on a 12 volt gel cell battery supply and have been very impressed with its background 'blackness'.

By the way, the supplied wall wart is very ordinary noise wise. Anyway I'm starting to wonder if the ESP P05B is lacking in terms of noise performance. Any thoughts, comments or suggestions? Regards, Felix.

G'day all, all rectified, but another Doh moment! When I assembled the board (some years ago), I had somehow managed to solder the plus 18 volt output filter capacitor to the wrong solder point, thence no real filtering on the positive output rail. Regards, Felix.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.