help zx 750.1 kicker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i have never touched the inside of an amp.I have a 07 kicker zx750.1 that powers up but no sound... so i tryed my ipod to make sure it wasn't the radio still no sound... i unhooked my subs to try another pair i have when i did that the amp went to protect then to green every 3-5 sec's untill i hooked a sub up then stays green... when the amp clicks on from start the sub does get a lil pop sound thats all.. i took the amp apart nothing was burnt or looked bad... i went out got a lil multimeter to read the inside component's but not sure what they should read so ill test all the one's that are the same to see if they read the same an so on an try to look the readings up online .. if anybody could help any way that would be great thanks...

I am having the same exact problem with the same amp. Mine has gotten worse though and now does it with or without a speaker hooked up. Take a multimeter and test the speaker output terminals and see if there is any DC voltage? There shouldnt be any. Mine reads up to 3-4 Volts DC when it cycles on and off.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.