Will This battery work?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey everyone... my first post here but not my first visit.

I have a small project that I am undertaking. I want to build a portable sound system. I know which amp I will be getting. it is the sure electronics 2 x100watt tk2050

eBay: Neue und gebrauchte Elektronikartikel, Autos, Kleidung, Sammlerst?cke, Sportartikel und mehr ? alles zu g?nstigen Preisen

I am now looking for a battery to power this. and i was thinking about going with lipo and using a sensor to tel me when its running low. Would this one work? It is 22.2v and 5000mAh.

Turnigy 5000mAh 6S 22.2v 25C 35C Lipo TREX 550 600 700 UK Seller | eBay

Any help from you would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Will

The LiPo cell would work, but at only 5Ah capacity would last about 30 minutes at the full 200 watts. At 50W total you would get a couple of hours, etc.

If you need to run it for many hours near full power you would be better off with car or motorcylce batteries. Here in the US the car batteries are 12Vdc, so two of them in series for 24Vdc. A pair of 200Ah batteries would run for 24 hours at full power.

Last edited:
Also i was thinking... could i use the old school D batteries and also have a mains power so that the batteries are only used when away from mains? If this is a good idea how many D batteries would i need? and is it relatively to make it so that mains has priority over batteries?

How about using D batteries? So I would have a load D batteries for when the thing is portable and when its in the house use mains instead? How many D batterys would i need? to get around 22v? (i dont really know how you calculate it...do you just do volts x amount of batteries? )

also is it easy enough to have both batteries and mains...where mains takes over when pluggd in

My advice is to just go on with the LiPo. It's the best option regarding power/weight ratio. Nevertheless you'd need a specially designed LiPo battery charger as well because you can't use ordinary battery charger.

And don't use those bulky one-time-use D batteries. Their days are gone and let them rest in peace now :p

Hi,

Take a look at the Podzuma :

Parts Express DIY Project

I'd substritute this is place of the Dayton PA driver, tuned a little lower, say 60Hz.
Aurasound NS525-255-8A 5.25" Paper Cone 8 Ohm: Madisound Speaker Store
(The dayton driver is out of stock, the aura is a better driver IMO)

The presumably quite high bass roll-off of the little t-amp will help
with preventing low bass overload, and you can't reproduce ]
low bass outdoors anyway.

You don't need 100+100W for a small portable boombox.

rgds, sreten.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.