small PSU using 2 reg. 7808 and LT 3080 (5V)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi folks,

I need to rig up a small PSU giving 8V using a 7808 and giving 5V using a LT3080.

I was wondering if I should take the V+ from the 7808 to feed the LT3030, using the 7808 as a pre-regulator or rather feed them both from the unregulated 12V supply.

Benefits / Drawbacks ?

I don't feel like doing a sim on it, so any advice is appreciated.

TIA,

Max

Well, I'd say almost nothing... if I can say so.

5V will be feeding 2 TORX Toslink receivers and 1 TOTX Toslink emitter, 8V will be used for switchig a source selection relais...

I expect the total current drawn to be under 100mA. If the values are crucial I can dig out the datasheets.

Cheers,

Max

I just tried running a Preamp(12vDC regulated with LM317) and a Channel switching curcuit that uses relays (5vDC regulated with LM7805)) from the same 12v AC Transformer and ran into problems right off the bat ...... When I enganged Relay curcuit I would get a pop in the Audio of the pre amp , When I used a seperate transformer for each the pop went away ......

Hopefully you don"t have the same problem ......

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.