Transformer wiring

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The transformer screen and the chassis/case should be connected to earth ground/safety ground/protective earth. The chassis connection should be done in such a way that it is very unlikely to break. e.g. use shakeproof washers

The signal ground should have one and only one direct connection to safety ground, somewhere in your system. Elsewhere, it can have an indirect connection via a big low value resistor or a shorted rectifier bridge. Details are available in a number of places.

this is what i practice....:cool:

Transformer was tested inside the radio and it was perfectly working giving the values I wrote in my first post. Checked with a DMM for continuity and it seems that mains were connected with blue and yellow but I'm not sure because there was a tube between plug and transformer and the voltage selector was a bit too much a jumble. Then I have cut the wires and tested according Andrew suggestions so there is no reason why he ought not to work. Andrew said that blue wire could be an electrostatic screen between primary and secondary.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.