Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Power Supplies

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th February 2012, 12:35 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Smile 9 volt phantom power advice needed

I want to build a 9 volt phantom power box so I can connect an external condenser mic to my PCM-M10 Portable Audio Recorder. I plan on building one based on a charge pump converter described here.

New Page 1

Also, I noticed this DC-DC Voltage Regulator Converter LM2587.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Could this be used to create a 9 volt phantom power source?

I want to record sounds of nature, like a thunderstorm or a babbling brook.

Thanks for any advice.
Old 2nd March 2012, 12:33 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Thank you for your reply and sorry for my naive questions, this is my first project. The webench designer tool is great! So I simply input 9 volt and output 48...for Iout should I put 10 milliamps?

Also, how does one compare the chips noise level? Say if my goal is a low noise floor how would I compare the lm2587 to a TPS40210?
DC/DC Controller (External Switch) - Step-Up Controller - TPS40210 - TI.com

And finally, the designs I've tried in the webench call for film chip capacitors. I've never worked with these and am concerned they might be too difficult to work with on a breadboard. Can I use electrolytic capacitors?

Thank you.

Hide this!Advertise here!