SMD Regulator identification

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
These regs are for the DAC (5v) and the clock logic (3.3v) in the squeezebox touch.

I've already replaced them with large low noise regulators with positive effect. I would like to identify the originals in order to see if something like the LP2985 which is pin identical but includes the option for the bypass cap for ultra low noise operation might be a significant step up from the standard regs.

I've just got a squeezebox, but at the moment I am wary of messing with it. I think I will wait till the warranty runs out first.
Had a look around, they look like fixed output LDO regs, but with quite a few firms doing them its hard to tell who's they are. With the selling price of the Squeezebox, I should imagine the electronics parts BOM will be quite restricted for cost. I'm curious to who manufactured them, cost of power supply parts is usually a good sign of overall quality of parts.

Why are you using RCA version? :p

Attachments

• M_touch5.jpg
    M_touch5.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 93
  • M_touch4.jpg
    M_touch4.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 96
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.